Monday, September 29, 2008

Um, what???

Last night I watched the Katie Couric interviews with Sarah Palin. A few days back I tried to read the transcripts. It made me feel illiterate. I seriously thought that maybe I forgot how sentences are supposed to go together. So I decided to put myself through the pain of actually watching the interviews. It turns out my ability to form and understand sentences is in tact. However, the same cannot be said for our favorite Alaskan Governor.

From the Time article Sarah Palin's Foreign Policy Follies

"A number of commentators, including The Atlantic's James Fallows and Slate's Christopher Beam, have said that Palin resembled, in Beam's words, "a high-schooler trying to BS her way through a book report," which is an insult to both high-schoolers and B.S. Palin's answers were hesitant, convoluted and at times — like when she appeared to suggest that Vladimir Putin might be preparing a one-man airborne invasion of Alaska — downright loony"

No comments: